Oil field equipment and systems are always one of the core products of GN Solids Control, which still occupies more than one third of GN Group’s products each year. For oil and gas industry, each year, GN makes and sells 250+ sets of shale shakers, 150+ sets of decanter centrifuges, and 50+ sets of vertical cuttings dryers. Recently, GN Solids Control just delivered 2 sets of waste management systems to Russia and 1 set of such systems for South America.
1. Vertical Cuttings Dryer. Comparing with shale shakers and decanter centrifuges, the vertical cuttings dryers are not so commonly known equipment, but in fact, in drilling cuttings waste management systems, they are quite practical, especially in case of oil based mud. GN’s first set of vertical cuttings dryer was designed and made into reality in year 2014, and it was soon recognized by clients and became popular all over the world. GNCD series vertical cuttings dryer can reduce the oil on cuttings to 0.5%.
2. Decanter Centrifuge. After the vertical cuttings dryer, there will be a decanter centrifuge to treat the fluids discharged from the vertical cuttings dryer, because there are still some fine particles in the drilling fluids at this stage. A high speed decanter centrifuge is efficient to remove the particles from 2 to 5 microns thoroughly. After the decanter centrifuge, the drilling fluids would be clean enough to be returned to the drilling procedure.
The combination of vertical cuttings dryer plus high speed decanter centrifuge is a must in many countries in the world considering the environment protection purpose. The recent projects GN manufactured are respectively made for Russia and South America. In fact, GN Solids Control has exported the equipment and spare parts to more than 90 countries in the world during the past 15 years. For the oil and gas solids control and waste management, GN can provide a turn-key solution from the consulting to manufacturing. Many world leading drilling companies and oil service companies are clients of GN.
Among recent projects of GN Separation, there is one set of system for a mining tailing dewatering projects, and the jobsite location is an extremely cold country outside China. This system contains following equipment and facilities:
1. Decanter centrifuge GNLW764A-VFD. GNLW 764 is the largest decanter centrifuge model among GN decanter centrifuges. The centrifuge bowl diameter is up to 30 inch, and the bowl’s length-diameter ratio is 4, which enable the decanter centrifuge to have a large capacity meanwhile a long trip for a dry treating result. In such systems, always the big bowl centrifuges with a length-diameter ratio of 4 are more practical, for example, the 30 inch bowl model GNLW764A-VFD and a 22 inch bowl model GNLW554-VFD.
2. Chemical dosing unit. Chemical dosing units are always an auxiliary device for the decanter centrifuges when there are a large portion of extra fine particles in the slurry or material to be treated. The chemicals prepared by the chemical dosing units always contain some polymer for flocculating the extra fine particles into larger ones, in order to be separated out by the decanter centrifuges. Before the centrifuge inlet, there is a T connection on pipeline with one point for chemical dosing pump.
3. 40FT Containers for holding the centrifuge and dewatering units. The 40ft containers are not standard containers, but they are made with container anchoring corners for easy transportation. Comparing with standard containers, those 2 sets of 40ft containers are equipped with windows and doors and insulation layer. The 2 containers are located as one on top of the other, the upper one is for the centrifuge, cause the centrifuges are requested to be located on a certain height, meanwhile, it can help with saving space. The chemical dosing unit is located in the lower container.
For more information, welcome to contact GN directly.
As long as the equipment is used for projects which involve separating works, there are something in common. For example, the drilling projects need to treat the slurry by removing the particles, and for mining projects there are vibrating screens used for collect certain particles with correct sizes. As a leading manufacturer and solution provider in separating works, GN Separation is able to suggest clients the most suitable equipment or system.
Just recently, GN Separation has finished the manufacturing for a vibrating screen system for a core drilling fluid cleaning project in domestic China. And the main equipment is a linear motion vibrating screen which was designed for mining. This machine, together with some other equipment, were used for core drilling fluids cleaning, including following:
1. Mining vibrating screen GNLMP 1224. It is a self-designed equipment with screen size nearly 3 square meters. GN has an advanced facility with cutting, welding and painting procedures. All side walls of the vibrating screen is made of a whole plates without any welding in order to ensure the strength. All screens are screen panels made of polyurethane and service life is longer than 6 months.
2. Customized mud gas separator. It is originally an equipment used in oil and gas drilling, for removing the gas from the drilling fluids. In fact, in other drilling works, there is some gas in the fluids shall be removed. This equipment is customized based on oil and gas mud gas separator, suitable for the core drilling.
3. Centrifugal pump GNSB6X5j-370c and collection tank. Centrifugal pump is anther core product of GN Separation for different applications. Also, GN has other pumps and conveyors available.
For more technical information or commercial information, welcome to contact GN team freely or visit GN factory.