By end of last year, GN Solids Control have got many new orders from Asian clients for the mud separation desander plants. Mud separation desander plants are always GN Solids Control’s advantaged equipment. They are combined by different separation facilities based on client’s jobsite conditions and plant sizes. Just recently, GN Solids Control has delivered following desanding plants:
1. Four sets of GNMS-1000D slurry separation desander plants for pipe jacking projects. Pipe jacking works can be grouped into TBM projects. They are widely used for subway construction or so, and during drilling or jacking, there are slurry generated. Those slurries contains sands and soil which should be removed as thoroughly as possible. GNMS-1000D slurry separation desander plant is a middle sized one among GNMS series slurry plants, which serves a capacity of 1000GPM. It has 2 nos of 10 inch desander cyclones and a double deck shaker. And those cyclones are fed by a 45kw centrifugal pump located under catch tank, on a same skid.
2. Three sets of GNMS-1500D slurry separation desander plants. GNMS-1500D is the big brother of GNMS-1000D in a same family. Comparing with GNMS-1000D, GNMS-1500D has 2 bigger cyclones, each of 14 inch diameter, and a larger double deck shaker with more screens. The 2 big cyclones are fed by a 75kw centrifugal pump.
3. GNTBM-240 separation plant. Unlike GNMS-1000D or GNMS-1500D, the TBM 240 is used for larger project. It has 3 steps for separation, shale shaker, desander and desilters. All machines are controlled by a single big control panel, and the machines are located in 2 layers in order to save space.
If you have similar project or need more information, welcome to visit GN website and contact GN sales team directly.
As is known to all, a vacuum pump is a powerful pump which is suitable for different applications. Because it can transfer material with large particles or large solids content, it is also called a solids pump. It is fully air-driven by connecting to an air compressor. The working principal is to suck in the material with the negative force and push the material out with a positive force.
If it is operated in correct method, it can reach a quite ideal performance. Here are some tips:
1. Suitable air supply for the vacuum pump:
There are 2 requests to meet for the air compressor: pressure between 0.6~0.8 Mpa, and a large enough air volume.
In some cases, although the air compressor can produce an air pressure of 0.6 Mpa or above, during operation, reading on pressure guage is only 0.4 or 0.5Mpa.
This problem could be solved by reducing the air hose length from air compressor to the pump, or using a larger diameter air hose.
Another option is an air container. Since the ideal operating air pressure should be stable around some value between 0.6 to 0.8 MPa. In some cases, when the air supply from an air compressor is not stable, you can use an air container matching to the air compressor. It is located in between the compressor and pump.
2. Time setting for loading and discharging:
For both loading and discharging, there is a time range from 0 to 30 seconds. This time setting can be adjusted during operating, which depends on many factors including material character, distance, pipe diameter and etc.
For example, if the sucking time is set at 25 seconds, and when pump is sucking, at first the material goes quite quickly, then it slows down gradually.
When the material moving nearly stops, the pump is almost full. You read the time and you can set the sucking time accordingly.
During discharging, make sure the material is fully pushed out from the discharging hose. Don’t leave heaps of material to stop at half. In that case, it will hinder the later sucking and discharging.
You can contact GN Solids Control, the vacuum pump manufacturer, for more information.
As is common sense for all kinds of drillings: 1, Drilling mud should be invited into drilling procedure, 2. The drilling mud should be treated after the drilling procedure, considering both economy reason and environment protection.
Well, do you know how to choose a suitable tank volume for such diamond core drilling and geothermal drillings? Here we have some tips and useful sequences to follow:
1. The required mud flow should be determined according to the drilling structure and drilling tool type;
2. Select the appropriate mud pump for the core drilling or geothermal drilling rigs.
3. Fully take consideration of required drilling rate and the time needed to prepare the mud.
4. Take into consideration of the solids control system (the mud separation equipment)’s recycling speed, including the rock powder carrying rate. This factor does affect the needed mud tank volume quite a lot.
5. Also consider the normal circulating mud volume, cross slurry distribution capacity and reserve mud capacity;
6. On the premise of meeting all above mentioned factors, try to select a smaller reserve coefficient, in order to reduce the amount of mud, which will also reduce the treatment capacity of waste mud.
What solids control equipment is always needed in such drilling projects?
A diamond core boring or geothermal drilling always need a comparably smaller mud recycling system comparing with other drilling like oil and gas or even HDD. Such mud systems are always more compact, with only necessary and efficient equipment.
A shale shaker is a must, cause shale shaker always removes the most solids from the drilling cuttings. In order to save space without sacrificing separating capacity, operators prefer to use a double deck shale shaker at this stage. And after the shale shaker, there should be a desilter and a decanter centrifuge, among which, the desilter is optional while centrifuge is preferred.
Welcome to contact GN Solids Control engineer team for a more complete solution.