Solids Control system is an essential part of a drilling rig system, which is used for remove the drilling cuttings from the expensive drilling mud. In this way, the clean mud can be returned to the drilling procedure and to be reused. On the other hand, it is also protecting the environment by discharge less waste.
In a complete drilling solids control system, there should be shale shakers, mud cleaner, decanter centrifuge of middle speed, decanter centrifuge of high speed and the feeding pumps for the mud cleaner and centrifuges.
Just recently, GN Solids Control, the leading manufacturer in China in solids control industry, has provided a client from South America totally 3 sets of solids control equipment, including following:
1. shale shakers with model GNZS594J for 3 packages, totally 12 sets.
2. Mud cleaner, GNZJ594J-3S16N, each rig system need 1 set of mud cleaner to play the roles for desander and desilter cones.
3. Centrifugal pumps for desander and desilter cones, they are same as mission magnum centrifugal pumps.
4. Middle speed decanter centrifuge for each package, with model GNLW363D-GP.
5. High speed decanter centrifuge for each package, with model GNLW363D-VFD.
6. Screw pumps for each centrifuge as feeding pump.
Functions of each equipment: in fact, the solids control system are used for removing the drilling cuttings from the mud in a physical way, which means, each step of separation is based on the drilling cuttings’ particle sizes. The shale shakers are used to remove the most particles larger than 100 microns. Desander and desilter are working with centrifugal force generated by the cyclones’ structure, and their cuttings points are respectively 40 and 20 microns. The middle speed centrifuge are used for removal of particles from 5 to 7 microns, which here means barite recovery. And the high speed centrifuges are used for removing particles from 2 to 5 microns, extra fine ones.
If you need equipment like this or a turnkey solution even including tanks, please contact GN directly.