As is common sense for all kinds of drillings: 1, Drilling mud should be invited into drilling procedure, 2. The drilling mud should be treated after the drilling procedure, considering both economy reason and environment protection.
Well, do you know how to choose a suitable tank volume for such diamond core drilling and geothermal drillings? Here we have some tips and useful sequences to follow:
1. The required mud flow should be determined according to the drilling structure and drilling tool type;
2. Select the appropriate mud pump for the core drilling or geothermal drilling rigs.
3. Fully take consideration of required drilling rate and the time needed to prepare the mud.
4. Take into consideration of the solids control system (the mud separation equipment)’s recycling speed, including the rock powder carrying rate. This factor does affect the needed mud tank volume quite a lot.
5. Also consider the normal circulating mud volume, cross slurry distribution capacity and reserve mud capacity;
6. On the premise of meeting all above mentioned factors, try to select a smaller reserve coefficient, in order to reduce the amount of mud, which will also reduce the treatment capacity of waste mud.
What solids control equipment is always needed in such drilling projects?
A diamond core boring or geothermal drilling always need a comparably smaller mud recycling system comparing with other drilling like oil and gas or even HDD. Such mud systems are always more compact, with only necessary and efficient equipment.
A shale shaker is a must, cause shale shaker always removes the most solids from the drilling cuttings. In order to save space without sacrificing separating capacity, operators prefer to use a double deck shale shaker at this stage. And after the shale shaker, there should be a desilter and a decanter centrifuge, among which, the desilter is optional while centrifuge is preferred.
Welcome to contact GN Solids Control engineer team for a more complete solution.